It has well established, separate UG, PG, Research laboratories with advanced equipments like Thin film coating unit, Ultrasonic interferometer, Four probe unit, Muffle furnace, Photoelectric effect setup, Millikan’s oil drop apparatus, Quincke’s apparatus etc., and highly specialized BSR lab shared with Departments of Chemistry and Zoology.
Guest lectures, Inter-collegiate competitions and National Seminars are conducted regularly to enable the students updated with recent trends in the subject as evinced by their paper presentations, publications and projects under Students Project Scheme of TNSCST.
Teaching Staff – Aided Programme
- Dr. Mrs. R. Mary Mathalane, M.Sc.,M.Ed.,M.Phil.,PGDCA, Ph.D – HEAD
- Dr. Sr. S. Jesurani, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., PGDCA, Ph.D.
- Mrs. A. Jacquline Regina Mary, M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D.)., PGDCA.
- Dr. Mrs. A. Clara Dhanemozhi, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., PGDCA, Ph.D.
- Dr. (Mrs.) M. Arulmozhi, M.Sc., PGDCA., Ph.D.
- Dr. Mrs. A. Jegatha Christy, M.Sc., M.PHIL., PH.D., PGDCA
Teaching Staff – Un-Aided Programme
- Miss. T. Nithya, M.Sc., (Ph.D.)
- Miss. T. Nivasini., M.Sc., B.Ed.
- Miss. S. Sathiya Jothi, M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Miss. S. Vennila, M.Sc., (M.Phil.)
- Miss. S. Suseela, M.Sc., (M.Phil.)
- Miss. M. Gayathri M.Sc.
- Miss. Stefy Sylvia Rani M.Sc.
- Miss. S. Iswariya M.Sc., M.Phil
- Mrs. R. Tamil Eswari, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil.,
|Date||Name of the Seminar/ Conference/Workshop||Agency||Level|
|23rd & 24th March, 2009||Recent Trends in physics||UGC||National|
|21st January, 2010||Intercollegiate Meet – Phyjac-‘10||JAC||Regional|
|17th February, 2012||Intercollegiate Meet – Phyjac-‘12||JAC||Regional|
|31st August, 2012||Popular Series Lecture-3 (Smart window materials)||GRI||National|
|5th &6th February, 2013||Recent Trends in Advanced Materials||CSIR||National|
- Dr. Mrs. M. Arulmozhi, Associate Professor
|Mrs. R. Mary Mathelane & Mrs. A. Clara Dhanemozhi||State of the art technology of solar air heaters||UGC (2007-’09)||60,000/-|
|Dr. Mrs. M. Arulmozhi||Studies on some external perturbations in nano quantum wells||UGC (2007-’09)||65,000/-|
|Ms. P. S. Swathy & Ms. Sumi Varghese (II M.Sc) (Guided by Mrs.Clara Dhanemozhi)||State of the art solar air heater for rural small scale industries||TNSCST (2007-’08)||5,000/-|
|Mrs. R. Mary Mathelane||Comparative study of Aluminium and Silver thinfilms by PVD||UGC (2013-’15)||2,00,000/-|
|Dr. Mrs. M. Arulmozhi||Investigations on excitons in nanostructures||UGC (2013-’16)||12,50,800|
|M.Meenakshi Sundari (Guided by Mrs.Clara Dhanemozhi)||State of the art Solar air heater With evacuated tubes||TNSCST (2012-13)||10,000|
|P.Kavitha & S.Suseela (Guided by Mrs. R. Mary Mathelane )||Preparation and characterization of Silver Thin Films by PVD||TNSCST (2012-13)||10,000|
i. Awards and recognition Received by the Faculty:
|Name||Award / Recognition||Place|
|Sr. S. Jesurani||Best – Women Achiever||Maya Academy, Theni|
|Sr. S. Jesurani||Best Paper Presentation award (2)||1.Loyola College, Chennai
2.J. A. College for women, Periyakulam
|Mrs.A.Jacquline Regina Mary||Organizing Commitee Member of the National conference on Digital Vision -2020||J. A. College for women, Periyakulam|
|Dr. M. Arulmozhi||Best Paper Presentation award||S. R. M University, Kattankulathur|
|Mock Peer Team Member for Re-accreditation by NAAC on 26.02.2010||Yadava College, Thiruppalai, Madurai – 14.|
|Member of External Question Paper Validation Committee on 27.03.2010||Lady Doak College, Madurai.|
|One of the experts in the discussion session on “Motivation to students towards research” in the National Level Seminar on “Recent Trends in Physics” during 29 & 30.12.2010||SFR College for Women, Sivakasi.|
|Assistant Chief Examiner (Hall No. 4 – Centre Code: 204, Jayaraj Annapackiam College for Women (Autonomous), Periyakulam) for TNPSC Group IV & Group VIII Exams, 07.07.2012||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Government of Tamil Nadu.|
|Member of the Staff Recruitment Committee, 19-07-2012||St. Anne’s College of Education, Periyakulam.|
|Judge for “Puthiya Thalaimurai Aayudham Seivom’s “Veetuku Oru Vingnaani 2012” Science Fest, 27.07.2012||T. M. H. N. U. Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Muthudevanpatti, Theni.|
ii. Awards and recognition Received by the Students:
|Best Postal Presentation(Rs.1000/-)||MTU,Kodaikanal|
|R.Uma II M.Sc Physics||Participated in the International Conference on “Smart Materials, Structures and Systems (ISSS)”||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.|
|First Prize in AD-ACT Competisition in “PHYONICS – 2008”||N.M.S.Sermathai Vasan College for Women, Madurai.|
|First Prize for PG, Second Prize For PG, Second Prize For UG respectively in Regional Seminar on “Applications of Magnetic Materials”||Arul Anandar College, Karumathur.|
|First Prize in Dumb charade in “State Level Intercollegiate Meet – PHYSKNIT – 2K8”,||Fatima College, Madurai.|
|First Prize in Phys querade in Intercollegiate Physics Meet “PHYXPLOSION ‘09”||Lady Doak College, Madurai.|
|First Prize in Model display in Intercollegiate Physics Meet “FESTOPHYS ‘09”||Gandhigram Rural University, andhigram.|
|R.Uma||First prize in paper presentation in State Level Intercollegiate Student’s Seminar on “Physics of Smart Materials”||Thiagaraja College of Arts and Science, Madurai|
|Participated in the state level symposium and Indelfes Competitions(Over all Shield)||S.R.College for Women,Trichy|
|First prize, Third prize in Paper presentation respectively in the State Level Intercollegiate Student’s seminar on “ASTROPHYSICS”||Thiagarajar College,Madurai|
|R.Manogowri||Attended a Special camp at Delhi& Himachal Pradesh Representing MTU,Kodaikanal||Best NSS Volunteer|
|UGC Merit Scholarship (Two Years) – Rs. 40,000/- per year||UGC, Delhi|
|Mariyaniraimathi||Best Speech (Rs.5000/-)||MTU, Kodaikanal|
|A.Ansalna||NCC “C” Certificate Examination certificate with “A” Grade|
- P. Arunadevi, System Analyst, Polaris, USA.
- B. Shanmuga Priya-Software Engineer, USA.
- R. Uma-JRF, DRDO Project, S.R.M University, Kattankulathur, Chennai.
- U. Narmatha-Cashier, State Bank of India, Andipatti.
- M. Chitra-Assistant Professor, Government Polytechnic College, Madurai.
- V. Buvaneshwari-Assistant Professor, PVP College, Singarakottai.
- P. Helen-TCS, Team Leader, Chennai.
- S. Karthiga, System Analyst, Sathyam Computers, Hyderabad.
- S. Vinothini- Assistant Professor, PVP Engineering College, Singarakottai.
- S. Dhivya, Assistant Professor, VPV College of Engineering, D.Vadipatty.
- V. Deepa, System Analyst, WIPRO, Bangalore.
- N. Sangeetha, Assistant Professor, NPR Engineering College, Natham.
- Sudhanya, Assistant Professor, Sri Krishna Polytechnic College, Nilakottai.
- T. Sathiya Sheela-Scientist, Kalpakkam.
- R. Beaula Ruby Kamalam-Assistant Professor, The American College, Madurai.
- Manimala, Assistant Professor, SRM Eswari Engineering College, Chennai.
- B. Sharmila, Assistant Professor, Prince Venkateswara Engineering College, Chennai.
- Krishna Priya-Assistant Professor, Maharaja Engineering College, Coimbatore.