OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
- The office of the controller of examination conducts the semester examination and publishes the results.
- Students’ welfare is the prime motive of the Office of the Controller of Examination.
- All genuine requests of students are promptly attended to.
- The Continuous Internal Assessment marks are submitted to this office by all the departments at the end of each semester through intranet.
Rules, Regulations and Evaluation Procedures of the conduct of the CIA and Semester Examinations.
|PASSING MINIMUM||UNDER GRADUATE COURSE||POST GRADUATE COURSE||PGDCA||DCA|
- Centralised Internal Assessment tests are conducted twice a Semester each for a duration of two hours for all theory papers. The other components like Assignments, Seminars and quiz are taken care of by the course teachers.
- There is no minimum mark for CIA.(40% of marks is the pass minimum in the CIA and it is mandatory)
- All the students are required to sign against the consolidated CIA marks in the Continuous Assessment Mark register.
- A student who could not get the minimum pass marks in the aggregate of CIA and Semester Exams due to very low marks in CIA, is given just one chance to take up CIA improvement Exam, provided the student must have appeared twice for the External Exams in the particular paper and failed during the course of her study.
- For CIA improvement, the student concerned is allowed to write mid-semester and end- semester tests only.
- The Vice Principal conducts the test.
- For students, who represent the college in sports, participate in competitions, attend N.C.C./N.S.S. camps, take medical leave on genuine reason etc. with due approval from the Principal, exams are conducted specially for them again for those exams-both internal and semester exams missed by them.
- End Semester Examinations are conducted in November and April every academic year. The question paper consists of objective, paragraph and essay type questions.
- Applications for Semester Examinations are distributed through the departments. After paying the prescribed fees in the College Bank in the campus, students should submit the same in the COE’s office on or before the prescribed dates. Applications submitted after the due dates are not accepted.
- A UG / PG student is eligible to appear for arrears in the same syllabi for 6 / 5 years from the date of joining the course. After 6 / 5 years she is eligible to write the arrears in the regulation existing at the time. In case the particular paper is not available in the existing regulation, she may be permitted to appear in the equivalent paper which may be decided by the chairman of the board of studies concerned.
- Centralized evaluation is conducted for UG semester examination answer scripts.
- Double valuation system is followed for all P.G courses.
- Results are passed in the Awards Committee and Mark Sheets are issued to students within a reasonable time
- Students who wish to apply for revaluation should contact the controller Office within 15 working days after the publication of results to get the application form and details of fee for revaluation.
- The June Supplementary Examination is conducted only for candidates who have failed in two papers in the sixth semester only for UG and in the fourth semester only for PG.
- If a student is found indulging in any kind of malpractice either in the CIA tests or in the Semester examinations they have to appear for an enquiry with their parents on the dates specified by the chairman of the Discipline Committee.
- If the Disciplinary Committee finds that the student is guilty of having indulged in malpractice, punishment is given according to the nature of malpractice.