JAC – GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING CELL
MOTTO: “Together We Can Make a Difference”
OBJECTIVES: To enable the less privileged rural students to become self-reliant, self-directed and self-actualized by channelizing effectively and discerningly their potentials and opportunities and help them handle their physical, emotional, moral, economical and academic problems effectively.
JAC – GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING CELL COUNSELLORS
- Dr.Sr. R. Fatima Mary Sylvia
- Dr.(Mrs.)C.Sagaya Rani
- Dr.Sr.Irudaya Lourdu Gladis
- Mrs.Angeline Sorna
- To help students to face the challenges of life and manage stress by realizing and accepting facts.
- To give guidance in solving problems.
- To counsel to solve social and personal problems and help the students achieve inner harmony.
- To help students become aware of their talents and abilities.
- To help students to face the challenges of life and manage tensions by realizing and accepting the facts.
- To enable students to grow independent and take responsibility for their own actions, their learning and their future.
- To give information on matters important to success.
MODE OF FUNCTION
- Regularly conducting mentoring sessions once a fortnight to sail out students when they face crisis or a period of change in their lives.
- Giving comprehensive and confidential focus on each student as an individual.
- Specifically addressing problems and needs pertaining to personality, anxiety, sexuality, self-actualization, safety and security.
- Special counseling on the basis of the requests.
- Organizing special talks on positive thinking, life skills, personality development, self-awareness, inter personal relationships and body language etc.
Since its inception, JAC Guidance and Counselling Cell has been a beacon of hope and relief for students floundering in debilitating emotional and moral crisis. Through caring and efficient counselling offered by our counsellors, countless students have found solution for their problems, guidance while facing dilemmas and have acquired strength to face the realities of life. By offering individualised care and attention to troubled students, JAC Guidance and Counselling Cell continues to make a difference.