HIGHER EDUCATION FOR PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS (HEPSN)
It is a centre for the comfort of the students with disabilities. It strengthens the will of such students to face the challenges in life. Special needs of such physically challenged students not only from the college but also from other institutions situated in around Periyakulam Taluk are taken care of. It liaises between them and the Government and furnish students with disabilities with information to get the disabled ID, and avail disabled facility grant and other grants from the NGO and Government concerned.
1. Mrs. V.Flora Pauline Mary, Associate Professor of Tamil
2. Mrs. G.Saradha, Assistant Professor of English.
3. Mrs.V.Anitha,Assistant Professor of English.
4. Mrs.Fathima Josephine Prasanna,Assistant Professor of Computer Science.
- Provide counseling to differently abled students on the types of course they could study at the higher education institution.
- Insure admission of as many differently abled students as possible through the open quota and also through the reservation meant for them.
- Gather orders dealing with fee concessions, examination proceducers, reservation polices etc pertaining to differently abled persons.
- Assess the educational needs of differently abled students enrolled in the higher education institutes to determine the types of assistive devices to be procured.
- Conduct awareness programmes for teacher of the institute about the approaches to teaching evaluation procedures etc. which they should address in the case of differently abled students.
- Study the aptitude of differently abled students and assist them in getting appropriate employment after their studies.
- Celebrate important days pertaining to disability such as World Disabled Day, Christmas Day in the institution and also in the neighborhood in order to create awareness about the capabilities of differently abled to students.
- Ensure maintenance of special devices procured by the higher education institute under the HEPSN scheme and motivation of differently abled students to use them for enriching their learning experiences.