REJOICE in LOVE and UNITY.
With its Motto ‘REJOICE in LOVE and UNITY,’ St. Anne’s Hostel is an ‘Alter Home’ for which higher education would have been a distant dream to such hundreds of students of various districts in Tamilnadu and also nearby States like Kerala. It is renowned for Discipline and Multidimensional Growth of the inmates. It is established in the year 1979 for the students and staff of J.A. College. Now it is extended to the students and staff of St. Anne’s B.Ed. College of Education and St. Anne’s Community College in the J. A. College campus.
The hostel governance is well maintained by the religious sisters of St. Anne of Tiruchirapalli as Directors, Personnels, Students Leaders and with various Students Committee.
Molding All Round Personality
We provide necessary facilities to improve intellectual growth through arranging guest lecturers from various field regarding youth holistic reformation. Students use the various competitive examination books and reference books in the hostel library. We allotted study hours for group study and silent study. We provide a separate study hall for their intensive study. 3 reading halls are also available for their studies. To kindle their eagerness in studies proficiency prizes are given in the hostel day function and also competitions like quiz also conducted now and then.
Hostel players having daily coaching for Shuttle Cock, Ring Ball, Volley Ball Kho – Kho, Basket Ball and various athletes. Remaining students can have an hour of playing in the evening of the holidays. In the evening assembly, yoga is conducted on the working days before study. We provide healthy nutrious food and Aqua water in the hygienic dining hall. A full time religious sister nurse take care of the students basic health problems. If needed a senior doctor from outside also come and take care of the students health.
Daily recreation is one of the best tool to relax and other recreational activities for relaxation; playing film songs in the daily recreation time, screening films once in a week, conducting Monthly Gala improves their creativity and talents. The hostel Directors are giving Counseling to the needed students. Special lectures regarding youth problems are also given frequently.
Moral and Spiritual Growth
The hostel director and her assistant directors give moral instructions in the assembly and also in the available times. Guest lectures are also arranged to inculcate the leadership skills, to understand about the facts of life and to develop other moral values. To empower the students with the grace of God different spiritual activities are taken. Daily Eucharist, Rosary, Monthly Confession, Yearly Retreat, special prayers such as way of the cross and weekly prayer to St. Joseph in the month of March are arranged for catholic student. Monthly group prayer, Inter religious prayer on Hostel Day for both catholic and other religion students are also conducted.
To fulfill the motto of the hostel ‘REJOICE in LOVE and UNITY’ and to express and enrich their talents the following functions are conducted.
- WELCOME TO THE NEW ENTRANTS
- MONTHLY GALA
- HOSTEL DAY
- X’MAS CELEBRATION
- FAREWELL DAY
- In the beginning of every year, all the students should come with their parents and attend the parents meeting and then they are admitted to the hostel. Rooms are allotted by the hostel Director.
- Once in a month, Student are allowed to go home on 2nd week or on Government holidays. They should be present before 6.00 p.m in the hostel on the particular returning date. If fail to return on time parents should come and meet Director along with students.
- Parents are allowed to visit the student with the parents’ ID on 4th week of every month from 11.00 am. – 4.00 pm.
- If any urgent, parents should come and meet the director with I.D. on 3.00 p.m – 4.00 p.m.
- We provide phone facilities on every week. So cell Phones are banned. In case of this item is found in her room, student will be subjected to disciplinary action.
- Students should use their laptop in particular place and particular time. Do not use laptop for seeing film or for any other purpose apart from academic pursuit.
- We never responsible for the money or gold things, students only take care of them.
- Students who are getting scholarship, have to stay in the hostel till the last examination.
- Hostel leaders are elected by Director only.
- If there is any bad remark or in disciplinary action is noticed in the student’s behavior, the hostel Director can cancel the admission for that student.
- Cleanliness in next to Godliness. Students should keep their rooms and surroundings neat.
The details of students and staff admitted to the hostel for the academic year 2013 – 2014 is furnished below :
|Class of the Students||Total Number|
|05:00 a.m.||Playing Devotional Songs to Wake up|
|05:00 a.m. – 07:30 a.m.||Morning Routine ( Bathing, Washing & Prayer )|
|07:30 a.m. – 08:00 a.m.||Breakfast|
|08:00 a.m. – 09:00 a.m.||Morning Study|
|09:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Regular Classes at College|
|12:15p.m. – 01:00p.m.||Lunch Break|
|01:00p.m. – 03:30p.m.||Afternoon Session at College|
|03:30p.m. – 05:45p.m.||Pursuit of Additional Courses|
|05:45p.m.||Regular Yoga and Assembly|
|06:00p.m. – 07:30p.m.||Evening Study|
|07:30p.m. – 08:00p.m.||Supper|
|08:00p.m. – 08:30p.m.||Recreation|
|08:30p.m. – 10:00p.m.||Night Study|
|10:00p.m. – 11:00p.m.||Extra Study|
|DDH TV with LCD||1|
|ROS water system||1000 Liters|