YOUTH RED CROSS
- Protection of health and life – Health
- Service to the sick and the suffering – Service
- Promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth – Friendship
Dr. E.M. Kolasticammal, Associate Professor of Tamil, Jayaraj Anna Packiam College for Women, Periyakulam.
- Mrs.G. Francis Catherine
- Miss. I. Syndhiya Gaan
- Miss S. Sathiyajothi
The YRC is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a student movement organised for students in Colleges. YRC in Jayaraj Annapackiam college for women was established in the academic year 2000-‘01 as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- To impart a sense of discipline
- To give formation to the students.
- To create an awareness about taking care of their own health and of others as well
- To understand and accept civic responsibilities and act accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of the spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all and without any discrimination
- To strengthen the spirit of humanitarian and voluntary service in the younger generation
- Organising Blood Donation Camp, Study Camp and Volunteers camp.
- Conducting Awareness Programmes on Vital issues
- Visiting Homes for the Aged, AIDS victims and Mentally Retarded.
- Celebrating Geneva Convention Day and Disabled Day.
- A sense of social and civic responsibilities among the youth is developed
- All forms of humanitarian activities to minimize and even prevent human suffering are encouraged and initiated. This has contributed to the creation of favourable atmosphere of peace and harmony.
- The fundamental principles of Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality are inculcated in the students.